Hybrid schedule-work from home/in office 2x a month Phx AZ
$1,000.00 sign on bonus
The Patient Engagement Specialist will be responsible for providing service for inbound pharmacy phone calls and/or placing outbound patient refill calls and assisting the patient through the entire refill process. This role will be responsible for some or all of the below types of activities: responding to patient requests and inquiries regarding prescription drug plan coverage and fulfillment through the pharmacy; inbound calls to support the health systems needs in patient; status checks on prescriptions; assists pharmacies to properly adjudicate electronic prescription drug claims and resolve adjudication error messages; responsible for providing knowledgeable and courteous customer assistance and response to members, providers, and pharmacy team member inquiries; serves as a point of contact between patients, pharmacy, liaisons, clinical providers, and various internal functional areas.
- Proactively coordinate medication refills including data entry and pharmacy claim adjudication
- Make outbound patient refill phone calls and complete the patient refill request.
- Answer, resolve and triage inbound inquiries.
- Clarify prescription orders with pharmacist and/or clinician as appropriate;
- Identify medications requiring special storage and/or handling such as hazardous medications and/or refrigerated medication;
- Manage, organize, and update relevant data using database applications.
- Apply observations and recommendations to operational issues, increased productivity, quality, and customer-service standards;
- Identify trends, resolves problems; recommend improvements; implement change;
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives;
- Act as a value-added business partner to stakeholders throughout the organization;
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential;
- Update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining networks; participating in professional organizations
- Flexible scheduling to meet business needs with health system partners starting as early as 5:00 AM (PST) / 8am EST
- Other duties and/or responsibilities may apply
Experience / Education:
- Required 1+ years, as a Pharmacy Technician
- Required Education: High school diploma or GED
4129 E. Van Buren St. Suite 220 Phoenix, AZ 85008
View Company Profile
Employment Type: Full-Time
$21.50 /per Per Hour
Skill Level: Associate