Company offers 100% paid medical benefits for employee, life insurance of $15k for the employee at no cost, 401k matching
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Associates Degree or vocational training, plus a minimum of 2 years’ experience in TIG and MIG production welding; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires ability to interpret customer drawings and complex written instructions.
- Depending on job level and customer requirements, outside welding certification(s) may be required. (AWS Certified Welder).
- Requires the ability to use equipment common to the trade among which are TIG Welder, MIG Welder and hand tools common to the trade.
- Have the ability to work and follow verbal and written instructions and complete work assignments in a timely manner.
· Must be able to interface with managers, co-workers and customers in a busy
environment at a professional level.
- Responsibilities include basic entry level job duties and works under direct supervision of a lead or supervisor. All work performed at this level must be inspected at job startup, in process and at completion of job run.
- Must have exceptional problem solving abilities.
- Must be able to work independently as well as with a team.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must have the ability to set-up and operate welding equipment.
- Ability to weld from blue prints.
- It is incumbent on the weld technician to ask for and receive any tool, fixture, print interpretation or any other requirement to achieve blueprint specification and quality product.
- Requires physical ability to perform activities common to the welding trade including lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Operator has the responsibility for establishing machine parameters for best weld
- Welds sheet metal and frame parts according to Work Order and customer drawings/specifications to assure a quality product.
o Receives work order and interprets customer print & follows welding process per work order & WPS/PQR.
o Determines and establishes weld fixture(s) as required.
o Reviews fixture log book and pulls fixtures as needed (if no fixture exists see lead or supervisor for further direction)
o Welds parts according to specifications, and verifies critical dimensions.
- Monitors and maintains work area to assure a quality product.
o Monitors equipment for best operating results.
o Monitor supplies and make requisitions through the lead or supervisor as required
o Maintains a clean and organized workstation to assure product quality & Kaizen / 5’S practices are in effect.
san jose, CA 95112
View Company Profile
san jose, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
$30.00 /per hour
Skill Level: Associate