· Maintain and specialized pavement marking equipment for installing all types of pavement markings, including thermoplastic, traffic paint, preformed plastic, hot tape and raised pavement markers.
· Operate and Drive the various types of specialized pavement marking equipment related to the various types of markings being installed.
· Applies pavement markings. Prepares materials and surfaces; paints and/or applies marking tape and/or hot plastic material.
· Conduct daily pre & post trip inspections on a company equipment operated or driven daily. Includes completing a Daily Vehicle Inspection Report.
· Perform routine and daily maintenance and service on all company equipment used during their shift.
· Cleans and maintains marking equipment.
· Loads, unloads various equipment with appropriate materials for days production.
· Installs and removes striping on streets, parking spaces, parking lots, islands, crosswalks, etc.
· Read and interpret construction plans, specifications and maps.
· Using excellent customer service skills establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees, officials, and all members of the general public.
· Installs reflective raised pavement markers and both hot and cold plastic pavement marking material.
· Updates inventory control logs manually and using a personal computer.
· Operate various types of fork and lift trucks.
· Is generally alert to conditions and events occurring on city streets and rights-of-way, and can respond accordingly.
· Attendance at work is an essential function of this position.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
820 N. 17TH AVE. Phoenix, AZ 85007