FUNCTION: Perform all routine and preventative maintenance in order to maintain the physical integrity of the property.
REPORTS TO: General Manager and Community Service Director
RESPONSIBILITIES: (including, but not limited to)
- Effectively handle resident service requests, correcting the situation within 24 hours when possible. Ensure that all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
- Maintain awareness of the physical condition of the property and immediately correct unsafe conditions.
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
- Must be knowledgeable of inventory levels of spare parts and supplies and inform supervisor of shortages.
- Maintain effective internal control over operational activities in compliance with best practice policy and guidelines.
- Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to be on feet.
- Have constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to perform the following physical activities:
Bend/Stoop/Squat: Perform routine maintenance/repairs, pick up tools and needed equipment.
Climb Stairs: Service requests, make-ready needs for 2nd and 3rd floor apartments.
Push or Pull: Move equipment, appliances, open and close doors, etc.
Reach Above Shoulder: Perform routine maintenance/repairs, stock & remove equipment, parts, etc.
Climb Ladders: Perform routine maintenance/repairs.
Grasp/Grip/Turning: Handle tools & equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs.
Finger Dexterity: Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs.
Writing: Inventory maintenance, requisition requests, required maintenance reports.
- Lifting/Carrying (supplies, replacement parts, ladders, etc.):
Over 150 lbs.: Rare need (less than 1% of the time)
75 lbs. – 150 lbs.: Occasional need (1% to 33% of the time)
25 lbs. – 75 lbs.: Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time)
1 – 25 lbs.: Constant need (66% to 100% of the time)
NOTE: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs. is to be accomplished with assistance
from one or more persons. Examples of heaviest items lifted include washer/dryers,
refrigerators, A/C units, abandoned sofas, etc.
- Previous experience in plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry and locksmithing.
- HVAC Type I and II EPA Certification required (Universal certification preferred)
- Top notch customer service skills.
- Ability to complete tasks efficiently with minimal assistance
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be available on an as-needed basis for after hour on-call emergency services.
- Minimum of 2 years residential property management experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office and email
- EPA certification required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
315 Nevada Avenue Odenton, MD 21113
View Company Profile
Employment Type: Full-Time
$$22 /per hour
Skill Level: Mid-Senior Level