Patient Care Advocate
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
The Patient Care Advocate (PCA) handles inbound customer service phone inquiries from members, providers, physicians and internal and external clients related to pharmacy benefits. PCA's work to research and resolve problems in a timely manner and assist members in understanding and maximizing the use of their pharmacy distribution program.
- Handle customer service inquiries from members, providers, physicians and internal and external clients related to pharmacy benefits. Work to research and resolve problems in a timely manner. Assist members in understanding and maximizing the use of their pharmacy distribution program. Use computerized system to gather information and respond to questions. Document issues and resolutions in a common database. Escalate issues as necessary.
- Handle inbound and outbound member, provider and physician calls. Answer questions related to pharmacy benefits, while maintaining productivity standards and performance guarantees where applicable.
- Work with other operational departments to research and resolve mail order and claims issues and respond to members within performance agreement guidelines.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of all inquires in order to continuously improve the customer service process and reduce potential legal concerns.
- Identify and escalate in a prudent manner, concerns received from patients and/or clients so that corrective action can be pursued and expedited to take care of their needs.
- Responsible for good housekeeping techniques, adhering to quality and production standards while complying with all applicable company, state and federal safety.
- Other duties as needed.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Skills & Responsibilities
- High school diploma
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience; call center experience preferred
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office and Internet; Excellent verbal presentation and communication skills
- Ability to handle challenging customers in a professional manner;
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment learns quickly, solve problems and make decisions;
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule for peak call time.
We offer a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
3001 S. Priest Dr. Tempe, AZ 85282