Working at Chase means making a real difference every day for your customers, your community and yourself. How? By putting others first, doing what’s right and creating solutions that make lives better. Build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next−for you and for us.
Chase, a leading provider of diverse financial services worldwide, is actively seeking service center team members to create lifelong engaged relationships with our customers by delivering superior service and quality with every customer interaction.
Successful candidates in this vital position are flexible and problem-solvers who enjoy helping employees assist customers to resolve their questions and concerns.
We have opportunities for Senior Specialist I in our Chargebacks group.
- Answer and resolve calls/ inquiries from internal/external sources that relates to Post Deposit Events (chargebacks, retrievals and adjustment, etc.)
- Ensure timely follow-up on merchant/card issuer inquiries 100% of the time
- Research and work incoming chargebacks from work queue
- Analyze disputes and other exceptions; follow defined procedures accurately to take appropriate actions within strict deadlines
- Research any errors such as duplicate, voided, partial or incomplete statuses on various systems as needed
- Liaise with other areas of the organization, card issuing banks and merchants, in order to provide timely resolution to merchant inquiries.
Our Chargebacks Team ensures our merchants receive superior support throughout the chargeback cycle by acting as an advocate on their behalf. To accomplish this, the Senior Specialist I will
- Educate the merchant on the Payment Brand and Debit Network Rules and assist in resolving disputes
- Work Chargeback cases within strict timeframes; failing to do so could potentially result in the financial liability or reputational risk for the business and company
- Interface with several internal departments on a regular basis (e.g. Account Management, IT, Accounting, Product & Project Management, Leadership & Development and Help Desk)
- Have high analytical ability given the direct impact to the merchant experience and merchant retention
- Have working knowledge of the Payment Brand and Debit Network Rules and Regulations in order to make correct decisions
- Use complex decision making when reviewing the multiple Chargeback reason codes, each with specific regulations
Our team members are dynamic. They seek opportunities to take initiative, adjust quickly to change, have a positive attitude, and take responsibility for results. They are able to deliver a great customer experience, even when handling challenging situations by offering customers alternative solutions and enhanced products.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-2 years customer service
- Strong working knowledge of Visa/MasterCard operating rules and regulations pertaining to Chargebacks preferred
- Merchant processing experience preferred
- Fluency in Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office tools